Transfer your Residential or Commercial Appraiser License to Texas!

The Texas Appraisers Licensing and Certification Board has provisions for active military members and military spouses to transfer or reactivate their licenses in Texas!
In addition to the licensing application forms found here.

The military member or spouse that wishes to transfer their license must also complete and submit form TALCB Form SMA-2.

To be elligible to transfer certification, the individual must:

  • Hhold a current and substantially equivalent license in another state or jurisdiction
    - or -
    • Have held a license in Texas within the last five years.
  • Also submit a copy of the military service member's most recent activation or deployment orders.
  • And submit thumbprints.

For further information and questions see contact information.


Programs for Family Members: 
Military Spouse
Career Phase: 
Active Duty or Deployed
VA Disability Rating Requirement: 
No Disability Requirement
Discharges Allowed: 
No Minimum Discharge