The Greater Dallas Community of Churches established the Pastoral Counseling Center (PCC) in September 1968, with the mission of providing professional family and individual regardless of ability to pay. The Center became a separate nonprofit in 1976. PCC recognizes the inter-relatedness of faith and spirituality in life and relationships, and helps clients apply their faith to their healing and growth.
- The agency offers individual, couples, and family counseling. Its psychologists provide assessments for ADHD, autism, career exploration and other school and employment-related issues.
- PCC tries to eliminate barriers that prevent people from receiving counseling and psychological assessments, such as cost, location, and culture. Key features include:
- An adjusted fee scale based on financial need and family size. The sliding scale does not eliminate the cost of services completely, but it can reduce it greatly. (PCC is also a network provider under many insurance plans, including Tricare.)
- 20 locations across North and East Texas, ranging from Fort Worth to Sulphur Springs, and Frisco to Duncanville. PCC also provides counseling in collaboration with other nonprofits like low-income health clinics.
- Counseling is available in multiple languages including Spanish.
COUNSELING FOR VETERANS
Today’s veterans face unique challenges that are unfortunately not always well understood by those who haven’t experienced war firsthand. If you or a loved one are having difficulty adapting to civilian life, the counselors at Pastoral Counseling Center are here to provide support.
Specialized therapy for veterans suffering from:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Suicidal thoughts
- Substance abuse
- Military sexual trauma
- Bereavement of a fellow soldier
- Loss of a family member at war
- Family issues caused by separation
PCC is committed to providing affordable counseling services to veterans and their families throughout North Texas. To learn more about our payment options and schedule an appointment, call 214.526.4525 today.