Lone Star Legal Aid's Texas Veterans Project (TVP) helps support returning or retired veterans with civil (non-criminal)
legal issues. If you are veteran in nee of assistance, apply today and let LSLA fight your legal battles.
Lone Star Legal Aid offers FREE LEGAL CLINICS FOR VETERANS in honor of veterans and their service to our country, Lone Star Legal Aid's Military & Veteran's Unit, along with local legal aid programs and volunteer attorneys, will hosts FREE clinics.
Who can receive assistance?
1. You have served in the military OR are a military dependent.
2. Your legal problem is a civil issue.
3. You live within LSLA's service area, which is 72 counties on the Texas Gulf Coast and in East Texas.
4. You meet income-based cirteria. in general, you quality with an income of $35,010 (single) to $71,550 (family of four).
LSLA Legal Services:
- Veterans Benefits
- Custody & Child Support
- Consumer Issues
- Divorce and Family Issues
- Medicare & Medicaid
- Wills & Probate
How to Apply
1. Be prepared with your DD Form 214 or your DD Form 215 or military ID.
If you are a dependent, you will need these discharge papers from your spouse or parent.
2. Call to apply toll-free by phone:
1-844-400 VETS (1-844-400-8387)
3. Apply by email at:
4. Meet with an LSLA advocate in person at one fo our offices. See reverse for branch locations and walk-in times.
ABOUT LONE STAR LEGAL AID
?Lone Star Legal Aid is the fourth largest service provider of free legal aid in the United States. Lone Star Legal Aid serves 72 counties in Texas and four in Arkansas, an area that covers one-third of the state Texas, including almost 60,000 square miles from Texarkana, to the Louisiana-Texas Gulf Coast state-line, down to Matagorda Bay, and four counties of southwest Arkansas. Lone Star Legal Aid has 14 offices throughout east, southeast, and northeast Texas. Legal Services Corporation, Texas Access to Justice Foundation, and multiple grants generously fund lone Star Legal Aid. Lone Star Legal Aid service area has nearly 1.5 million income-eligible Texas residents.