Transportation is offered to seniors 60+ Monday - Friday morning.
To be eligible:
- A person must be 60 years of age or older.
- A person must reside within the allowed transportation coverage area.
- A person must not have transportation available through other resources.
- A person must not be able to drive.
- Paperwork must be filled out prior to using this transportation service. A Solid Gold Rider Card identification number must be issued to each HCCOA client using The Transit System transportation.
Clients can make standing reservations for lunch, grocery shopping, and beauty shop appointments. Doctor appointments will be handled on an as-needed basis. Clients will be transported to and from local doctor and dentist appointments Monday through Friday. These appointments will be given first consideration when scheduling all transportation. Transportation reservations must be made by noon of the day before the client wishes to be picked up, unless they already have a standing reservation.
Transportation can be arranged for shopping, hair appointments, doctor appointments, and other reasons.