The Veteran Services program offers Homelessness Prevention & Stabilization Services to Veterans and their families in Texas, Alabama, Florida and North Carolina. These supportive services include outreach, case management, help in obtaining VA benefits, emergency financial assistance for rent & utilities and assistance in obtaining and coordinating other public benefits.
Services are provided to:
- Very low income Veteran families
- Veterans facing eviction
- Veterans currently homeless and scheduled to move into housing within 90 days
- Case Management
- Development of a Housing Stability Plan
- Assistance in obtaining VA and other benefits
- Referrals to Community Agencies
- Emergency Financial Assistance
- Based on financial need
- As of 2018-04-23, they only serve VASH clients.
- Referrals for financial counseling and legal assistance
- Rapidly re-house or prevent homelessness for over 5,000 Veterans and their families.
- Enhance independent living skills and/or Income of very low-income Veteran families.