Cedar Valley College not only offers a wide array of associate degree programs and certificates, but we are an affordable alternative to many four-year universities. Our Veteran Services Office is your liaison to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for certification of your veteran and veteran-related education benefits. Whether you're currently serving in the military, a veteran or a veteran's dependent, we want to help you succeed in college and enjoy the full value of your active duty or veteran's educational benefits. We offer individual academic advisement, registration, degree planning, course certification for VA benefits, and referrals for campus and community resources. Once you have completed the admissions and registration process, you can apply for your VA education benefits. The process for requesting certification from a DCCCD college depends on your individual situation. Here is a list of situations that may apply to you:
- A new student who has never used VA education benefits before.
- A transfer student who has used VA education benefits at another school.
- A continuing VA student who needs to be re-certified for the next term.
- A Hazlewood student (former Texas member of the U.S. Armed Forces)
- An eligible dependent of a Hazlewood (Texas) veteran.