The Collin County Department of Veteran Services serves veterans by providing exceptional assistance, guidance and representation in the application process of VA and state benefits for which they are eligible, and advocating for the veteran and their dependents.
The Collin County Veteran Services Office is a department of Collin County. We are not part of the Veterans Administration nor funded by them. We are your ADVOCATE and can assist you or represent you in dealing with the Veterans Administration.
The Veteran Services Office serves veterans and their dependents with the filing of complex claims for the various benefits they are eligible to receive. The Service Officer holds numerous accreditation with a service organization and attend mandatory training conferences two times a year to stay abreast of the ever changing laws and regulations concerning veterans.
The advocacy doesn't stop after the filing of a claim. We continue to follow the progress of the claims process with the Veteran/Dependent throughout the often lengthy time it takes the VA to reach a decision.
Services offered include:
- Compensation or Pension
- Disability Retirement
- Dependency and Indemnity Compensation
- Appeal to Board of Veterans Appeal
- Hospital and Outpatient Benefits
- Texas Veterans Land Board Programs
- Texas Veterans Commission
- Texas State Cemetery Program
- Texas Veterans Homes
- Educational Benefits
- Vocational Benefits
- Debt Waivers
- Obtaining or replacing Military Awards
- Obtaining Lost Military Records
- Review of Military Discharge
- Claims for Insurance Payments
- Burial Allowance