Now available throughout Central Texas
Catholic Charities provides veterans and their families with the highest quality of services to help overcome life challenges. We are honored to serve as a shield at home to our nation’s heroes. Our Veteran Services are available to all persons in our 25-county area spanning Waco to San Marcos, Mason to Bryan/College Station. Please see below for list of counties.
St. Michael’s Veteran Services provides veterans and their families the tools they need to overcome life challenges after military service through the following services:
- Short Term Financial Assistance
- Counseling Services (family therapy, couples therapy, individual therapy, play therapy and group therapy)
- Employment/Education Support
- Transportation Vouchers
- Housing Stabilization
- Peer Support Groups
- We will serve Texas veterans of any era, including those with National Guard, Reservist or Active Duty statuses and veterans with any character of service.
- Must be a resident within our 25 county service region: Bastrop, Bell, Blanco, Brazos, Burleson, Burnet, Caldwell, Coryell, Falls, Fayette, Hamilton, Hays, Lampasas, Lee, Limestone, Llano, Mason, McLennan, Milam, Mills, Robertson, San Saba, Travis, Washington or Williamson.
How to Apply
- Call to schedule an appointment at 512-651-6138 or email Monica-Gauna@ccctx.org
- Please bring the required documentation (below) with you to your scheduled appointment
- Required Documents:
In order for a veteran to receive services, he/she will need to bring:
- Proof of Veteran Status
- Photo ID
- Proof of address
- Proof of income for financial assistance (check stubs, Social Security award letter for current year, unemployment, workers comp)
In order for dependents to receive services, he/she will need to bring:
- All of the above PLUS copy of marriage license for spouses and/or birth certificate for children
In order for a surviving spouse to receive services, he/she will need to bring:
- All of the above PLUS copy of veteran’s death certificate
What to Expect
Our staff (many who are veterans themselves) will meet with you, listen to your challenges, and begin developing a service plan to help you and your family achieve your life goals. All services are tailored to meet the individual needs of the veteran and their family members.