Allen Community Outreach helps transform lives by providing essential human and social services in our communities.
Each day men, women and children walk into Allen Community Outreach looking for assistance with basic needs. From help with rent or utility payments to getting food, clothing and other household items, ACO is here to help. Whatever the need may be, ACO provides support without judgment and with the utmost respect.
Emergency Financial Assistance Offered:
- Rent/Mortgage Assistance: Whole or partial payment is provided to qualifying families who are going through crisis and imminently homeless.
- Utility Assistance: Whole or partial payment of utility bills is provided to qualifying families in crisis.
- Prescription and Sick Medical Visit Assistance: Financial assistance may be provided to individuals who have no insurance, no ability to pay, or no ability to pay without causing financial hardship.
- Other Financial Assistance: Based on individual needs, other financial assistance may be available. Please visit with a case manager to determine assistance.
- Photo ID's
- Current rental contract and/or mortgage coupon/statement
- Housing assistance paperwork proof indicating amounts
- Student information page, dated within the past 30 days, for all school-aged kids showing parents' address for proof of residency. (This information can be accessed through the Allen ISD website, Skyward Family Access).
- All Social Security cards and/or Foreign ID (or last year's tax return showing numbers)
- Original bill invoices required for these four bills: water, gas, electric, cable.
- Any other household bills that are paid by you or other household members. You must provide the current original invoice bill for each.
- Supporting cocumentation of the crisis that caused the financial hardship.
- All paycheck stubs (last 30 days) - including terminated income
- TANF/Food Stamp award letter (showing how much received).
- All banking accounts showing current activity/transactions for 30 days leading up to date of your appointment.
- Application (available on the website).
Once the application is completed and you have all of the required documents, schedule an appointment with the ACO Case Manager. You can schedule your appointment in person by visiting the ACO office in person, or calling.
Bring the completed application and documentation to your appointment. Please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to appointment time to get checked in.