GRANT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must be in one of the following categories (items 1-3) and meet all other eligibility criteria listed below (items 4-6) at time of application and throughout award year:
- Dependent sons and daughters of Air Force members in one of the following categories:
- Active Duty, Title 10 AGR/Reserve on extended active duty, and Title 32 AGR performing full-time active duty. All members must be on active duty through December 1, 2016 (all other Guard and Reserve are not eligible).
- Retired due to length of active duty service or disability, or retired AGR/Reserve with 20+ satisfactory service years creditable for retired pay (all others are not eligible).
- Deceased while on active duty or in retired status.
For financial aid purposes, a "dependent" student is one who will not reach age 24 during the award year; will not be a graduate or professional student; will not be a veteran; will not be an orphan or ward of the court; will not be married or have legal dependents other than a spouse.
- Spouses of Active Duty members and Title 10 AGR/Reservists on extended active duty. Member's active duty status must extend through December 1, 2016. Eligible spouses must be legally married to member (not separated or pending divorce) at time of application and disbursement of award.
- Surviving spouses of Air Force members who died while on active duty or in retired status.
- Will be a high school graduate enrolled or accepted as a full-time undergraduate student in the 2016-2017 academic year.
NOTE: Students enrolled exclusively in distance education courses should check with their school official to verify their enrollment as meeting school's full-time status requirements.
- Will be enrolled or accepted in an accredited college, university or vocational/trade school approved by the U.S. Department of Education for participation in federal aid programs.
- Maintain at least a cumulative 2.0 grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 grading scale.