Women Veterans Assistance Program: Pathways to Hope
The Pathways to Hope program stands as a refuge of hope for our women who have served this country. Women veterans in crisis can be helped with financial assistance for rent, mortgage, food, employment and education guidance and other needs.
Clients are limited to a one-time assistance per year. Assistance may be partial if client is receiving a pledge from another agency.
- Rent, mortgage, utility, transportation, employment, furniture assistance. A client may be eligible for up to six months of rental assistance with case management services, as funding is available.
- Case management is provided to veterans experiencing a crisis. Case Managers work with clients to help locate jobs, secure veteran benefits, job training, and permanent stable housing.
- Food assistance is provided through the food pantry once every thirty days. One bag is provided to families with five or less in the household. Families with more than five in the household will receive two bags.
- Referrals provided to appropriate community resources.
- Clients must be 18 years of age or over
- Photo ID
- Proof of address
- Proof of income (clients must fall within the HUD income guidelines)
- Proof of Veteran Status (DD-214, VA ID Card, Letter of Service)
- Must be able to demonstrate need such as an eviction notice or foreclosure letter
There are no fees to clients for these services.
Harris County and 13 surrounding counties
326 South Jensen Drive, Houston, Texas 77003
Fort Bend County
Mamie George Community Center
1111 Collins Road, Richmond, Texas 77469
4700 Broadway, Suite F-103, Galveston, Texas 77551