Warrior Spirit Project envisions healing, community connection, and positive personal transformation for every Warrior who has been wounded in body or spirit. Our mission is to help restore the soul and strengthen the spirit of veterans and first responders by offering support for the transition from isolation to meaningful community engagement, through yoga, dogs, and dirt.
- The Steady Warriors program provides trauma-sensitive yoga and meditation (including Integrative Restoration meditation, or iRest) for groups and individuals, and Memory Resolution Technique for individuals.
- Pit Bull Partners Rescue Mission is a support dog program that trains rescued, adoptable pit bulls as companion and emotional support dogs for at-risk veterans requesting assistance.
- The GOOD to Grow Community Gardens involve veterans and their families in the establishment and maintenance of small garden plots within existing community garden sites, or as part of kitchen garden co-ops within their neighborhoods.
All services are provided in collaboration with other organizations, and at their locations. Warrior Spirit Project does not operate a primary or any satellite locations at this time.
- Saint Anne Episcopal Church, 1700 N. Westmoreland, DeSoto, TX: Tuesdays at 10:00 am: Steady Warriors Chair (Adaptive) Yoga and Tuesdays at 7:00 pm: Steady Warriors Trauma-Sensitive Yoga and iRest Meditation.
- Cedar Hill Recreation Center, 310 E. Parkerville Rd., Cedar Hill, TX: Wednesday and Friday mornings at 10:00 am: Steady Warriors Yoga and Meditation.
- Studio 4 in Bishop Arts Co-op, 518 W. Davis, Dallas, TX: Fridays at 4:30 pm: Steady Warriors Trauma-Sensitive Yoga and iRest Meditation.
- Zula B. Wylie Library in Cedar Hill, 225 Cedar Street, Cedar Hill, TX: GOOD to GrOw Community Gardens.
All services are free of charge for veterans and first responders.
No application necessary. Contact the agency via email, text, phone, Facebook message, or through the Warrior Spirit Project website.