Provides help with job training, employment accommodations, resume development, and job seeking skills coaching. Other services may be provided to assist Veterans in starting their own businesses or independent living services for those who are severely disabled and unable to work in traditional employment.
(The following was copied from https://www.benefits.va.gov/vocrehab/ on Aug 31, 2018)
How to Apply
Eligible Veterans and Servicemembers may apply for either Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment benefits or for Education/Career Counseling on-line through eBenefits. It's simple to apply. Just follow these steps:
- Log in to your eBenefits account.
- Select "Additional Benefits" from your Dashboard.
- Select "Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program" - be sure to read the program information and to update your contact information - and apply for either the "Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program" or "Education/Career Counseling".
- If it is determined that you are eligible, you will be invited to attend an orientation session, in-person, at the nearest VA Regional Office.
- Servicemembers who have a disability that began or became worse during active duty and who have not yet received a service-connected disability (SCD) rating do not need to wait to apply. See VA Form 28-0588 for further instructions.
For Servicemembers: Ill or injured Servicemembers who have not yet received a SCD rating do not need to wait to apply. Servicemembers expecting a discharge that is other than dishonorable who possess a VA memorandum or Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES) rating of 20 percent or more—as well as Servicemembers currently going through a Physical Evaluation Board—may be eligible to receive VR&E services.