Transfer your HVAC, Electrician, Barber, Well Driller and more License to Texas!

Texas welcomes Active Duty Military and Veterans to translate their MOS into professional Licensure.

TDLR has identified six TDLR programs which have a Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) code related to these specific licenses:

  • Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractor: ACR Contractor and ACR Certified Technician
  • Barbers: Class A Barber
  • Electricians: Master, Journeyman, Journeyman Wireman, Maintenance, and Residential Wireman
  • Polygraph Examiners: Polygraph Examiner
  • Registered Accessibility Specialists: Registered Accessibility Specialists (RAS)
  • Water Well Drillers and Pump Installers: Well Drillers and Pump Installers

What benefits do I receive if I apply for a license as a spouse of a military member serving on active duty?

  1. The initial license application will be processed in an expedited manner;
  2. There are additional methods by which you may obtain an initial license; and
  3. The initial license application fee and examination requirements may be waived.

Please Visit the TLDR's website in the Contact region of this page for more details on each program.

Programs for Family Members: 
Military Spouse
Career Phase: 
Active Duty or Deployed
Transitioning Military
VA Disability Rating Requirement: 
No Disability Requirement
Discharges Allowed: 
No Minimum Discharge