Texas Neighborhood Services (TNS) provides comprehensive services to economically disadvantaged individuals, families and the elderly. TNS assists low-income individuals to overcome barriers and make positive life changes.
Energy Utility Assistance
Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) is designed to assist low income households in meeting their immediate energy needs and to encourage consumers to control energy costs for years to come through energy education.
Provides utility assistance once a year to low-income households experiencing a financial crisis that have received a disconnection notice, or in the event of extreme weather conditions.
Self Sufficiency Program
- Education (GED)
- Case Management
- Improve living conditions
- Financial Management Training
- Employment to transition out of poverty
If you are needing assistance with your utility bill please fill out the application and contact our office for more information.
To see if you are eligible for services you may either:
- Mail your completed Community Service Application and all required documents to the appropriate Neighborhood Center for your county. Your mailed application will be reviewed and returned if incomplete or all documents are not attached.
- Make an appointment with a Community Advocate to come in and have your Community Service Application or TBRA Application reviewed and possibly worked to determine the amount of assistance for which you may qualify.
- Fax your completed Community Services Application with copies of all of your required documents to the appropriate Neighborhood Center for your county. Your faxed application will be reviewed and returned if incomplete or all documents are not attached.