The Texas National Guard Family Support Foundation exists to support, encourage, and honor the service members and families of the Texas Military Forces. We provide financial assistance for Texas Guard service members and their families among other services.
Emergency Financial Assistance is provided by way of grants and interest free loans for short-term, basic living expenses such as:
- Mortgage/Rent/Short-term Affordable Housing
- Auto Repairs
- Medical and/or Dental insurance enrollment and/or monthly premiums/co-pays (TRS/TDP)
- Medical and/or Dental expenses
- Financial Educational Counseling (due to a history of financial crises)
- Military pay problems
- Travel related to funerals (only for parental deaths, siblings or if Service Member was raised by the deceased)
- Travel for expenses on a personal emergency
- Other expenses are considered on a case-by-case basis
Eligibility for the program is as follows:
- Currently serving Texas National Guard Service Members (both Army and Air)
- Former Service Member (served at least 5 years in the Texas National Guard or received a medical discharge); DD-214 or NGB-22 required
- Spouse, Surviving Spouse or Dependent of Service Member (as reflected in DEERS) (Dependent must be under the age of 18; marriage license or birth certificate required)
Expenses are paid by the Foundation directly to the creditor.