Texas has 28 Area Agencies on Aging that serve communities, older residents, their family members and caregivers.
DADS administers long-term services for people who are aging as well as for people with physical, intellectual or developmental disabilities.
The DADS mission is to administer a comprehensive array of aging and disability services, supports and opportunities that are easily accessed in local communities.
Our key responsibilities to the citizens of Texas include:
• Working in partnership with consumers, caregivers, service providers and other stakeholders
• Developing and improving service options that are responsive to individual needs and preferences
• Ensuring and protecting self-determination, consumer rights and safety
If you would like to report an allegation of abuse, neglect or exploitation call DADS Consumer Rights and Services at 1-800-458-9858.
Conduct and Page Guidelines:
We strive to provide our audience with news and information while maintaining an issue-driven, principle-based and audience-focused conversation online.
DADS’ social media pages are intended to make communication easier, but they are not the appropriate venue for complaints involving a specific individual, including reports of fraud or abuse and neglect. These types of complaints may include protected or sensitive personal information. Non-permissible comments will be promptly removed from the site and forwarded for action as appropriate.
Non-permissible content includes, but is not limited to, comments, hyperlinks, and URLs that:
• Share confidential or sensitive personal information.
• Violate copyright.
• Contain profanity, obscene, racist, sexist, or derogatory content or comments
• Are threatening, harassing, defamatory or discriminatory.
• Contain information that could compromise public safety.
• Incite or promote violence or illegal activities.
• Promote political views or candidates.
• Are commercial endorsements or SPAM.
• Are off-subject or out of context.
• Are otherwise illegal or violate DADS’ agency policy.
We reserve the right to permanently ban those who post non-permissible content. Users may be banned immediately or warned before banning, depending upon the content and/or number of violations.
Links from websites or social media channels affiliated with DADS to any other websites do not constitute or imply endorsement of those sites, their content, or products and services associated with those sites.