To qualify for this scholarship you must:
- Have a total body surface area burn percentage of 5% or over, which must be verified by a medical care provider; or have a disability as a result of a thermal injury verified by a medical health care provider;
- Be a high school graduate or have obtained a GED;
- Pursue a degree or certification in a specific vocation;
- Attend an institute of higher learning that is certified by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and/or the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS); and/or the Commission of Career Colleges and Schools of Texas; as well as the specific state agency that certifies the chosen course of study, if applicable;
- Be a resident of Bexar or surrounding counties (Atascosa, Bandera, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina, or Wilson). Under limited circumstances, the Scholarship Committee may waive this requirement.
Programs for Family Members: