Mission Statement: The Southside Community Center (SSCC) is a non-profit organization based on social concerns. We are committed to improving the living conditions and personal dignity of those in need in San Marcos and Hays County, Texas. The SSCC provides programs that include:
- Homeless shelter and food
- Emergency assistance
- Housing for low-income and elderly
- Neighborhood housing improvement
- Cooperation with other community organizations
Goals: Meeting the needs of the individual or families by helping find resources for proper medical care, food, and shelter. Providing resources and/or a safe environment temporarily in crisis empowers the family to become more proactive hi meeting their other essential needs. Detailed goals and associated tasks are outlined in the Strategic Plan for Fiscal Years 2004-2006, approved by the Board of Directors on March 30, 2004.
- Establishes direct services with assistance for low-income families and individuals.
- Coordinates services for more effective use of resources
- Protects the clients' self-determination, regardless of age, background, capabilities or beliefs.
- Increases awareness and understanding in the community hi regards to the needs of low-income families and individuals.