Presa Community Center improves lives by providing access to needed resources and tools for social and personal transformation.
Presa Community Center envisions a community where individuals and families, businesses and institutions are actively engaged with each other in positive relationships that:
- Improve the physical environment
- Reduce social and economic facts that contribute to the cycle of poverty
- Improve quality of life for all
Individual / Family Empowerment
Presa Community Center offers a wide variety of services to families in the community. Access to food, a computer lab and a variety of classes makes Presa a center of countless resources. These resources are meant to inspire and guide families toward self-sufficiency, because with self-sufficiency, the community around Presa strengthens and the quality of life increases.
INDIVIDUAL & FAMILY EMPOWERMENT SERVICES WE OFFER:
- Community Health Worker Certification
- Access to Computer Lab
- Counseling Services
- Emergency Food Bank
- Family/School/Community Partnership
- Financial Education Classes
- Free Income Tax Preparation
- Job Work Supports
- Small Business Academy
Senior Adults gather at the center daily to socialize, participate in activities, learn and connect.
Senior Nutrition Center Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday 8:30am-12:30 pm
Transportation is provided for seniors that live within a 3 mile radius of the center
Hot meals are delivered daily to home-bound senior adults who are unable to attend the center.
Notary public services are also available for senior adults and other clients at no cost at the center.
There are many activities available for seniors who attend the center.
- Bingo: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays
- Computer classes: Thursdays– this class is for seniors wanting to learn general computer skills as well as sending emails
- Exercise classes: Daily– This includes daily access to state of the art exercise bikes and treadmills in our workout center
- Salsa classes: Every Thursday
- Billiard room: Daily
Other activities Seniors participate in are:
- Arts and crafts, jewelry making & creating other items to sell at local community events
- Holiday dances are held to celebrate! Seniors have a live band or a DJ provide music for their celebrations
- A monthly birthday party is held to celebrate all birthdays for that month
There is no charge for the services. Donations are always welcomed.
Presa Community Center provides transportation services for those who are unable to drive or use public transportation. Our shuttle service makes over 18,000 one way trips annually.
Elderly and persons with disabilities can use this service to make doctors' appointments or shop for their weekly groceries. This program has been very popular because it offers an opportunity for people to maintain their independence. In many cases, this service provides our clients with the only opportunity they might have to attend to these essential needs.
Interested parties should call 532-5554 to make reservations for a ride to and from the doctor, or to determine if they are on an established route for grocery shopping. Reservations should be booked at least two weeks in advance, or as soon as patients have the date and time of their next doctor's appointment, as the program is in great demand and fills up quickly.