About Operation VetsHaven (OVH)
Operation VetsHaven - "Advocating for those who have served. Opening doors for a better future." A Federally recognized non-profit 501(c)(3) charity established in 2011.
OVH was born from the awareness that Post Traumatic Stress, (PTSD), and Traumatic Brain Injury, (TBI), come in all shapes and forms. Someone with a broken arm is treated and healed much like any other person with the same injury. On the other hand, those affected by PTSD or TBI require individual attention and advocacy to get the help they need and deserve. OVH is not a replacement for services being offered to veterans through various government or military providers, but rather a complement to these services, focusing on getting help to veterans more quickly in a more personalized way.
OVH connects those who have served their country, as well as the families of these heroes, with professional, pre-screened psychotherapists and caring staff who have been specifically selected by us to focus on the individual. We open the doors and find the pathways for help, then we walk with you.
Services of OVH are provided at no cost to those who have served and need assistance as a result of PTSD or TBI. Consultation and assignment of a Personal Advocate is always free of charge. Subsequent appointments with psychotherapists or counselors are free of charge as well. OVH is focused on bringing services to veterans quickly and getting them on the road to a healthier future.
When you contact OVH, you will be put in touch with a Personal Advocate who will help prioritize needs and arrange for the you to promptly get the assistance you need. Your Advocate will stay in contact with you through every step of the journey and help you find the services you need without all the red tape.
For more information, please feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How Opertation VETSHAVEN (OVH) works
- A veteran, active duty, or family member contacts OVH through our website information line or by calling our phone number. Your call will be returned quickly if you have to leave a message -- please refer to our published business hours.
- When we speak with you, there will be a short "intake" process where we gather information to allow us to get you the help you need. We will protect your privacy and require only contact information, your location, and present concerns. Personal information will never be used in files - a personal identification number will be assigned to you.
- OVH will then assign you a Personal Advocate who will talk with you to discuss your concerns, plan a strategy, and connect you with resources.
- Your Advocate will not send you away with numbers to call or websites to visit. Instead, they will talk with you, listen to you, and make appointments with our network of qualified professionals for you.
- After your appointments or meetings, your Advocate will contact you on an agreed upon schedule to help ensure your needs are being met. The partnership you develop with your Advocate will remain in effect until you feel your concerns have been addressed or resolved.
To contact OVH:
Mail: Operation VetsHaven
Post Office Box 7604
Arlington, Virginia 22207
Phones are answered: M-F (8am - 8pm Eastern time)
Sat. (11am - 5pm Eastern time)
Sun. (12pm - 5pm Eastern time)
Era of Service:
No Minimum Discharge