Irving Cares is dedicated to identifying and providing its residents with temporary assistance and training to promote self-sufficiency.
The goal of the food pantry is to prevent hunger and help overcome a crisis. We provide nutritious groceries in an amount that should feed the family for a week.
Everyone needing food is seen on a first-come, first-served basis. Most visits are completed in about an hour. All residents of Irving, Texas have equal access to the Food Pantry.
In addition, each Monday, the North Texas Food Bank Social Services Coordinator is at Irving Cares to assist enrollment in Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program SNAP (Food Stamp) benefits. It's completely free with no cost to applicants. The coordinator can:
- Answer questions about the application process, procedures, and guidelines.
- Supply the proper forms and application assistance to properly complete the required forms.
- Complete the application and interview process in one visit.
- Issue an EBT benefits card, if applicable.
- Provide status updates on your case, once you have applied through their department.
To get help, residents should bring a photo ID, proof of Irving residence, and proof of identity for the people in the household. Social security cards are not required. Irving residents sign in, fill out an information sheet and meet privately with a case manager.