Frisco Family Services helps members of our communities who are facing hunger, homelessness and other urgent needs improve their quality of life and achieve self-sufficiency. We're able to do that through extensive programs and services.
If you live in Frisco or within the Frisco ISD limits and have a documented crisis, you may be eligible to receive assistance. In order to determine if you are eligible, come into our office located at 8780 Third Street in Frisco to complete an application and set up an appointment to meet with a Case Manager. During your appointment, a Case Manager will complete an assessment to determine your eligibility and provide you with an overview of our programs and services.
To qualified clients, we provide one-time Emergency Financial Assistance to help during their time of need.
- Gasoline Vouchers: Vouchers are given to qualified families to help get them to and from work or job interviews.
In order to assist us in determining your eligibility, you must bring the following to your appointment with a Case Manager:
- Picture ID for all adults
- Social security cards for yourself and all in the household
- Birth certificates for all children
- Proof of residence
- Current lease agreement or mortgage statement
- Copy of all household bills
- Proof of all income. All that apply: paycheck stubs, unemployment eligibility notice, bank statements, tax statement from previous year, child support statement, Social Security/SSDI benefits statement, Food Stamps and TANF letter showing benefit amount
- Documentation of crisis situation. All that apply: doctor's letter, medical bills, police/Fire report, paid receipts for unusual/unexpected expenses