The Ellis County Veterans Services Office provides assistance to military veterans, their dependents and survivors who may be eligible for benefits through the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), and the State of Texas.
The Veterans Service Officer is an advocate for veterans and their families who reside in Ellis County; and can provide important information and guidance in navigating through the various VA and State benefit programs.
Services Offered through the Veterans Services Office (not all inclusive):
- Filing Disability Compensation Claims with VA
- Filing Non-Service Connected Pension Claims with VA
- Filing Dependency & Indemnity Compensation Claims with VA
- Filing Widow's or Survivor's Pension Claims with VA
- Filing Aid and Attendance Benefits Claims with VA
- Filing Housebound Benefits Claims with VA
- Obtaining discharge documents, military medical records, military personnel records and medals/decorations
- Providing assistance with filing a Disagreement or an Appeal with the VA
- Providing assistance with filing a Debt Waiver or Debt Disagreement request with the VA
- Provide assistance with Military Discharge Upgrade Requests
- Provide assistance with filing a Burial Benefit claim with the VA
- Provide general info on Texas State benefits for Disabled Veterans and Eligible Survivors
- Provide general info on Property Tax Exemption benefits for Disabled Veterans and Eligible Survivor