DAV Lone Star Meeting location
The Disabled American Veterans, Chapter 4 is committed to fulfilling its mission of building better lives for Veterans and their families. We strive to give our best in SERVICE, QUALITY, INTEGRITY, and LEADERSHIP in representation and advocacy support today and in the future.
Meeting Date and Time:
1ST Wednesday of each month @ 7:00 PM
500 VFW Rd
Austin, TX 78753
Made exclusively of men and women disabled in our nations' defense, we are dedicated to one, single purpose: building better lives for all of our nation's disabled veterans and their families. The mission is carried forward by:
- Providing free, professional assistance to veterans and their families in obtaining benefits and service earned through military service and provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs and other government agencies.
- Providing outreach concerning its program services to the American people generally, and to disabled veterans and their families.
- Representing the interests of disabled veterans, their families, their widowed spouses and their orphans before Congress, the White House and the Judicial Branch, as well as state and local governments.
- Extending DAV' s mission of hope into the communities where these veterans and their families live through a network of state-level Departments and local Chapters.
- Providing a structure through which disabled veterans can express their compassion for their fellow veterans through a variety of volunteer programs.
DAV Servce Officers
Our Service Officers are certified annually to provide the best and most up to date assistance with matters pertaining to claims of veterans, their dependents, widows and orphans.
- Counseling in filing a claim for the first time, on an existing claim, reopening a claim, notice of disagreement or filing an appeal.
- Unlike other veteran assistance programs we complete the paperwork with you on your claim during your visit.
- Submit claim communication to the DAV National Service Office in a timely manner to get your claim going ASAP.
- Advice you on any additional paperwork you may need to file your claim in order to avoid having your claim be denied because of lack of evidence to support your claim.
- We will follow up on a pending claim at your request to get the most current status.
We do not:
- Make any promises that your claim will be approved or denied. (that decision is out of our hands!)
- Maintain any files or personal information, All paperwork is forwarded to National Service Officers (NSO) in San Antonio, Texas for delivery to a VA representative after review for accuracy and completeness by an NSO.
- Submit claim information directly to VA
Chapter 4 Service Officers are here to work for you and your benefits, we are a 110% dedicated volunteer force! Our reward comes from helping fellow veterans. We understand where you're coming from!