The Cedar Hill Food Pantry is a community-wide effort to alleviate hunger in our city. We are pledged by our by-laws to provide food and other assistance, without discrimination, to eligible needy families living in the Cedar Hill Independent School District.
Applications are taken Monday and Wednesday from 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. No appointment is needed, just arrive during our application hours. We will assist you in submitting an application with information on residency, number of people in family, employment situation, Federal assistance and expenses.
If accepted, the application is good for six (6) months or twelve (12) visits, whichever comes first. Each member of the family will receive food every two weeks. Clients may reapply up to three times (services may not extend for more than two (2) years without medical or special circumstances. Each case is reviewed by the Client Benefit Committee on an individual basis.
Each member of the family receives one "basic food unit" every two weeks. A unit consists of:
- 1 Tomato Product
- 2 Vegetables
- 1 Can of Soup
- 1 Can of Beans
- 1 Can of Fruit
- 1 Can of Meat
- 1 Starch (pasta, rice, or dry beans)
- 1 Cereal
- "Extras" (discretionary - depending on what we have on hand and number of people in family).
Each November and December, clients receive a complete meal for Thanksgiving and Christmas, which includes:
- 2 Canned Vegetables
- Sweet Potatoes
- Cranberry Sauce
- Pie Shell and filling
All the following information is needed to document your eligibility. Please gather these materials in preparation for your interview.
- Current pay check stub
- Rental/mortgage agreement
- Entitlement Certificate (AFDC, Food Stamps, SSI, VA, etc.)
- Retirement, Social Security, unemployment, or workers compensation benefits
- Copy of two utility bills
- Copy of driver's license for all household drivers
- Proof that children attend Cedar Hill Schools (Report card, Free/Reduced Lunch Program letter, Medicaid card with address)
Please come by during our application hours to apply or call us if you have any questions.