- Eligibility open to Legionnaires and Sons of The American Legion members (up to $3,000) Legion Posts (up to $10,000).
- Applicant must have been displaced from their primary residence due damage sustained during a declared natural disaster.
- Not meant to replace or repair items, only to meet most immediate needs (i.e., temporary housing, food, water, clothing, diapers, etc.) during the period immediately following the disaster.
- Does not cover insurance compensation or monetary losses from a business, structures on your property (barns, tool sheds, etc.,) equipment or vehicles.
- Membership must be active at time of disaster and the time of application.
- Application must be submitted to the Department Headquarters within 90 days of disaster.
- Disaster must be a "declared" natural disaster for Legion Family members.
- Supporting data (photos, receipts, repair estimates, etc.) should be included if at all possible or statements (testimony) from post/district/department officers attesting to damages to residence requiring displacement.
- Only one grant per household per disaster.
- Post grants must derive from a declared natural disaster and substantiating documentation must provide that The American Legion post will cease to perform the duties and activities in the community due to losses sustained.
County / Counties Served:
Virtual - Online Only
Programs for Family Members:
No Minimum Discharge