Operation Open Door
Operation Open Door is supported by a grant from the Texas Veterans Commission Fund for Veterans’ Assistance. The Fund for Veterans’ Assistance provides grants to organizations serving Veterans and their families.
The program offers mental health counseling to veterans and their family members if needed, as well as, a brand new support group for those suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress. Military service can bring about experiences, feelings, and memories never before encountered. Some of these have a substantial impact on ourselves and those we love.
NO COST Counseling Services
* Individual counseling
* Group counseling
* Family counseling
* Led by mental health professionals who are also veterans or a family member of a veteran
* Male or female counselors available
* Be seen within one week
Veteran Support Group
Topics include: Family Relationships, Communication, Difficult Emotions, Post-Traumatic Stress, and Vet to Vet
Mental Health America, 3136 W 4th Street FW, 76107
* All services are confidential
* Choose a location that works best
* Call 817-335-5405 to start the intake process
* You pick the location
* Pick the time for your first appointment
* Start your FREE counseling within one week of calling
* Live in Tarrant County
* Must be either a veteran or a dependent family member of a veteran to include a spouse or child
* Veteran status will be confirmed through DD-214 paperwork or other documentation.
“Life sometimes is not what I expect, and my military service was no different. By seeking help when I needed it and being diligent about my own care, I am living a life full of hope and purpose.” – Jarryd