You have already tagged this post. Your tags:
The Austin Veterans and Family Advocacy Council (AVFAC) works with the VA Mental Health Clinic to provide better community support services for veterans in the Austin Area.
The mission of the Austin Veterans and Family Advocacy Council is to establish a true partnership among veterans, veterans' families, caregivers and other concerned parties, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) mental health professionals, VA administrators, community mental health organizations and support groups, local medical and integrated health professionals, veteran service organizations, local government agencies, and state government agencies with these shared goals:
1. Reducing stigma and discrimination against veterans with mental health conditions;
2. Improving access to VA mental healthcare;
3. Improving the quality of VA mental healthcare;
4. Providing a network of resources, services and information; and
5. Assisting the reintegration of veterans into mainstream activities and lifestyles.
AVFAC is comprised of Veterans and families of veterans, DVA staff, health care professionals, and volunteers who are committed to honor and assist veterans as they return to happy, productive and successful civilian lives.