Veteran Spouse Resiliency Groups (V-SRG) provide a safe space for veteran spouses and partners of veterans to come together, listen, share their stories, and lean on one another for support and guidance. These groups connect veteran spouses across the U.S. by providing strong peer support.
This program was created for veteran spouses, by veteran spouses, and aims to provide a space where spouses and partners can gather with others who have a shared experience, and be provided support without judgment. If you have been looking for a strong community of spouses, this is it! Join us!
The program follows a unique peer-to-peer model:
- Trained veteran spouses and/or committed partners facilitate groups of 6-8 spouses
- Groups meet once a week for two hours over 12 weeks
- Curriculum topics include:
- Getting Started
- Sharing Our Stories
- Caring for Ourselves
- Our Goals
- The Lingering Effects of Service
- Trauma, Secondary Trauma, and Compassion Fatigue
- TBI, PTSD, Moral Injury, and Suicidality
- Seeking Help
- Love and Relationships
- Our Kids
- Life Transitions
- Moving Forward
The group starts September 15, 2020, and meets Tuesdays 6:30 - 8:30 pm CDT. New members can join the group up until the second week (September 22, 2020) when groups close to new members.
This group will meet via Zoom.
Register for a group at https://is.gd/VSRGapplication
Contact Program Manager, Hannah O'Brien at email@example.com with any questions!