Feeling challenged with balancing Military and Civilian life?
Are you dealing with post war difficulties, deployment, separation and reunion issues?
Would you like to help fellow vets and service members?
We hold a weekly “Peer to Peer” meeting to help address these areas.
Challenges may be related to emotional, personal, work related, spiritual, PTSD, or any other issue. Anyone who served at anytime at any location during any era are welcome. Attendance is free!
Joining a "Peer to Peer" support group can help you to feel better in any number of ways, such as:
- Knowing that others are going through or have gone through something similar
- Learning tips on how to handle day-to-day challenges
- Meeting new friends or connecting to others who understand you
- Learning how to talk about things that bother you or how to ask for help
- Learning to trust other people
- Hearing about helpful new perspectives from others
- "Peer to Peer" support groups can be an important part of dealing with PTSD, but they are not a substitute for effective treatment for PTSD. If you have problems after a trauma that last more than a short time, you should also get professional help.