Veteran Spouse Resiliency Groups (V-SRG) provide a safe space for veteran spouses and partners of veterans to come together, listen, share their stories, and lean on one another for support and guidance. These groups connect veteran spouses in Texas to their communities by providing strong peer support.
This program was created for veteran spouses, by veteran spouses, and aims to provide a space where spouses and partners can gather with others who have a shared experience, and be provided support without judgment. If you have been looking for a strong community of spouses, this is it! Join us!
The program follow’s a unique peer-to-peer model:
- Trained veteran spouses and/or committed partners facilitate groups of 6-8 spouses
- Groups meet once a week for two hours over 6 weeks, with the option to continue for an additional 6 weeks.
- Curriculum topics include:
- Getting Started
- Sharing Our Stories
- Caring for Ourselves
- Our Goals
- The Lingering Effects of Service
- Trauma, Secondary Trauma, and Compassion Fatigue
- TBI, PTSD, Moral Injury, and Suicidality
- Seeking Help
- Love and Relationships
- Our Kids
- Life Transitions
- Moving Forward
This online group will start April 7, 2021, and meet Wednesdays from 12:00-2:00 pm CDT. Interested spouses can register for the group at the link below. Our groups close after session 2, so April 14th is the last date that new spouses/partners can register to join the group.
Contact Program Manager, Hannah O'Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!