Veteran Spouse Resiliency Groups (V-SRG) provide a safe space for veteran spouses and partners of veterans to come together, listen, share their stories, and lean on one another for support and guidance. These groups connect veteran spouses in Texas to their communities by providing strong peer support.
This program was created for veteran spouses, by veteran spouses, and aims to provide a space where spouses and partners can gather with others who have a shared experience, and be provided support without judgment. If you have been looking for a strong community of spouses, this is it! Join us!
The program follows a unique peer-to-peer model:
- Trained veteran spouses and/or committed partners facilitate groups of 6-8 spouses
- Groups meet once a week for two hours over 12 weeks
- Curriculum topics include:
- Sharing Our Stories
- Caring for Ourselves
- Our Goals
- The Lingering Effects of Service
- Trauma, Secondary Trauma, and Compassion Fatigue
- The Invisible Wounds of War: TBI & PTSD
- The Invisible Wounds of War: Moral Injury, Addiction & Suicidality
- Seeking Help
- Love and Relationships
- Our Kids
- Life Transitions
- Moving Forward
This group will start September 28th and meet in person at VFW Post 5621 (1520 N Main St. Liberty, TX 7757) every Tuesday from 6:30-8:30 pm CDT for 12 weeks. Interested spouses can register for the group at the link below.
Contact program coordinator, Hannah O'Brien at email@example.com with any questions!